For those without power and access to food preparation spaces, please consider these options for meals at this time:
Free meal sites in Southwest Florida
#ChefsForFlorida is offering free food from lunch until sunset in:
- Cape Coral at 2016 Kismet Parkway E.;
- Port Charlotte at Walmart, 19100 Murdock Court;
- Fort Myers Beach at 33 Tropical Shore Way;
- Fort Myers at Broadway Palm Dinner Theater, 1380 Colonial Boulevard;
- Englewood at Ann & Chuck Dever Park, 6941 San Casa Drive;
- Englewood at Elks Lodge, 401 N. Indiana Ave;
- Port Charlotte at The Home Depot, 12621 S. McCall Road.
Harry Chapin Food Bank, Lee County
Visit the Harry Chapin Food Bank website harrychapinfoodbank.org The Fort Myers location, for those who want to donate food items 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., is at the Fort Myers Distribution Center, 3760 Fowler St., Fort Myers, FL 33901. 239-334-7007
The food bank is expanding its locations to help get food to more people. It will be distributing water and food from 10 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Oct. 6, at the following locations:
- Cape Coral Elementary: 4519 Vincennes Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33904. CanoHealth Group will be on-site with a medical mobile unit offering free services, including measuring blood pressure, heart rate and glucose checks, wound care, and some lab services depending on the case.
- Sacred Heart: 211 W Charlotte Ave, Punta Gorda, FL 33950. It will also be holding normal distributions from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the following locations:
- Faith Assembly of God: 7101 Bayshore Rd, North Fort Myers, FL 33917
- Human Services of Charlotte County: 21500 Gibralter Dr, Port Charlotte, FL 33952
The organization will update its distribution schedule on a daily basis. Visit harrychapinfoodbank.org for more information.
This information is from the following article:
Give, get help: Where to offer time, money, food and other supplies for Hurricane Ian victims