A large and destructive Category 4 Atlantic hurricane, Hurricane Ian caused widespread damage across western Cuba and the southeast United States, especially the states of Florida and South Carolina. As many homeowners will be impacted through the clean up and rebuilding efforts we have compiled a list of resources for those in need.
How to Apply for FEMA Help
Florida homeowners and renters in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Orange, Osceola, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota and Seminole counties counties (the list might be expanded) affected by Hurricane Ian may apply for FEMA disaster assistance:
- Call (800) 621-3362 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Time
- Use FEMA’s mobile app
Connecting with Insurance Companies in Florida
Click here for phone numbers, websites and email addresses for property insurance companies serving Florida. Unless they need emergency repairs, policyholders are urged to first contact their insurers with damage claims before signing over their benefits rights to repair contractors. Most of the companies listed enable policyholders to initiate claims at their websites.
Property & Casualty Insurance Companies
- American Platinum Property and Casualty – Phone: 800-425-9113 or 954-958-1200. Web: americanplantinumpcic.com. Email: [email protected]
- American Strategic Insurance Corp. – Phone: 866-274-5677. Web: americanstrategic.com. Email through online portal: https://www.americanstrategic.com/claims-center/report-a-claim
- Assurant (American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida) – Web: assurant.com. Phone: 800-358-0600.
- Auto Club Insurance Company of Florida – Auto and home insurance Phone: 800-929-4333. Flood claims: 800-759-8656. Web: autoclubfl.com. Email for auto and home insurance: [email protected]. Email for flood insurance: [email protected]
- Bankers Insurance Group – Phone: 727-308-0496. Web: bankersinsurance.com. Email: [email protected]
- Castle Key Indemnity and Castle Key Insurance – Web: allstate.com. Phone: 800-255-7828.
- Citizens Property & Casualty Corporation – Web: citizensfla.com. Phone: 866-411-2742. Email through web portal: citizensfla.com/claims.
- Edison Insurance Company – Web: edisoninsurance.com. Phone: 888-683-7971. Email: [email protected]
- FedNat Insurance Company – Web: fednat.com. Phone: 800-293-2532.
- Florida Family Insurance Company – Web: floridafamily.com. Phone: 888-486-4663. Email: [email protected]
- Florida Peninsula Insurance Company – Web: floridapeninsula.com. Phone: 866-549-9672. Email: [email protected]
- Frontline Insurance – Web: frontlineinsurance.com. Phone: 866-673-0623. Email through online portal: claims.frontlineinsurance.com/#/choice-op
- Heritage Property & Casualty Insurance – Web: heritagepci.com. Phone: 855-415-7120. Emergency repair services request via web portal: heritagepci.com/emergency-repair-dispatch
- Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance – Web: hcpci.com. Phone: 866-324-3138. Email: [email protected].
- Monarch National Insurance – Web: monarchnational.com. Phone: 800-293-2532.
- Olympus Insurance Company – Web: olympusinsurance.com. Phone: 866-281-2242. Email: [email protected]
- Progressive Property Insurance Company – Web: progressive.com/answers/florida-home-insurance/. Phone: 800-776-4737. Email through web portal: progressive.com/contact-us
- Safe Harbor Insurance Company – Web: safeharborflorida.com. Phone: 866-482-5246. Email: [email protected]
- Security First Insurance – Web: Securityfirstflorida.com. Phone: 877-581-4862.
- Southern Oak Insurance Company – Web: southernoak.com. Phone: 877-900-3971. Email through web portal: southernoak.com/contact-us
- State Farm Florida – Web: statefarm.com/local/florida. Phone: 800-732-5246.
- Tower Hill Insurance – Web: thig.com. Phone: 800-342-3407. Email: [email protected].
- TypTap Insurance Company – Web: typtap.com. Phone: 844-289-7968. Email: [email protected].
- United Property & Casualty Insurance Company – Web: upcinsurance.com. Phone: 888-256-3378. Email through web portal: claims.upcinsurance.com
- United Services Automobile Association – Web: usaa.com. Phone: 800-531-8722.
- Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company – Web: universalproperty.com. Phone: 800-470-0599.
- U.S. Coastal Property & Casualty Insurance Company – Web: uscoastalpc.com. Phone: 866-482-5246. Email: [email protected]
- Vyrd – Web: vyrd.co. Phone: 844-217-6993.
- Weston Insurance – Web: weston-ins.com. Phone: 877-505-3040. Email: [email protected].
Flood Insurance Companies
Contact your property and casualty insurer if they service your National Flood Insurance Program policy. If you are unsure of which company services your policy, call the National Flood Insurance Program at 877-336-2627. The following companies also sell NFIP policies and excess flood policies:
- Neptune Flood – Web: neptuneflood.com. Phone: 727-202-4815. Email: [email protected].
- Rocket Flood – rocketflood.com. Phone: 888-871-2237.
- The Flood Insurance Agency – Web: thefloodinsuranceagency.com. Phone: 877-356-6348. Email: [email protected].
- Wright Flood – Web: wrightflood.com. Phone: 800-725-9472. Email: [email protected].
Florida Disaster Contractors Network
Florida’s Disaster Contractors Network (DCN) has been activated to provide support to homeowners in need of post-Hurricane Ian home repairs. This is a free service founded in part by the state agency that regulates Florida’s construction industry, the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Its mission is simple – connect homeowners needing emergency repairs with licensed contractors and construction suppliers